New Horizon Family Health Services was recently named Health Center of the Year by the South Carolina Primary Health Care Association at their 35th Annual Conference and Board Governance Retreat.
The 2018 Health Center of the Year Award honors the nominated health center demonstrating a level of excellence and performance that sets them apart in a distinctive manner. The award also recognizes the health center’s comprehensive approach to care through outreach efforts, preventative health and education programs, quality and efficiency of care, and strong community support and involvement.
“This honor reflects our staff’s commitment to our mission to provide quality, affordable, compassionate patient-centered health care to improve the health of the communities we serve,” said Ms. Regina M. Mitchell, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Thank you to our patients who allow us to serve you each day.”
New Horizon Family Health Services is part of a nationwide network of health centers that serves more than 27 million Americans and is one of 21 community health centers statewide. Health centers have compiled a significant record of success that includes:
• Producing $24 billion in annual health system savings;
• Reducing unnecessary hospitalizations and unnecessary visits to the emergency room;
• Treating patients for a fraction of the average cost of one emergency room visit;
• Maintaining patient satisfaction levels of nearly 100 percent;
• Serving more than one in six Medicaid beneficiaries for less than two percent of the national Medicaid budget; and
• Lowering the cost of children’s primary care by approximately 35 percent.
For over 26 years, New Horizon Family Health Services has been serving Greenville County and Upstate South Carolina. We provide over 100,000 medical, dental and behavioral health visits to over 24,000 patients annually. Our Health Care for the Homeless Program and Ryan White Part C Program serve over 2,000 patients in 13 counties and over 1,200 patients in 10 counties, respectively.